The New Year is here and many of us are making New Year’s resolutions to be a healthier version of ourselves. Did you know that 80% of all New Year’s resolutions fail by February? While that is a daunting statistic, this doesn’t have to be your story! Many people begin a fitness resolution with gumption, but due to injury, inflammation, or overuse, they are forced to put down their gym back and pick up an ice pack.
At Thuasne USA, we specialize in creating custom-fitted braces that not only can help speed up healing time and reduce pain but also allow for active recovery. Our braces are built for movement so that you can keep your fitness goals no matter what injury comes your way in 2019.
So what do we recommend for people who suffer from an injury that threatens their fitness goals? Here is one of our top selling braces for the most common injury that people will experience in the gym:
Foot and Ankle Injuries
Foot and ankle injuries are some of the most common injuries a person will face in their lifetime. Perhaps because these body parts carry a lot of weight and control rapid movements such as twisting and turning, injuries to the foot and ankle are very common. Sudden twists and turns may result in a disruption of ankle fibers causing a sprain or strain, and sometimes even surgery. Acute sprains can usually be managed at home with the trustworthy RICE (rest, ice, compression, and elevation) treatment, but in order to get back into the active swing of things, a brace or sometimes rehabilitation is necessary. Sometimes, these sprains are not acute, but chronic and cause a much more in-depth rehabilitation route. And in extreme cases, the ankle is injured to the point of surgery. Seeing a doctor for any of these injuries will allow them to prescribe the best brace and rehabilitation plan.
For most types of strains, sprains or ligament injuries, doctors often recommend our Malleo Dynastab Boa foot and ankle brace. This brace is designed to move with the patient, allowing for stability and immobilization of the injured ankle during activities. The Malleo Dynastab Boa offers:
- Fast, easy to fit with reliable Boa tightening system, has a lifetime guarantee
- Wide openings for easy application and removal so you can take it with you
- Resistant and comfortable lightweight metal reinforcements
- Figure 8 strapping system provides additional lateral reinforcement to keep the ankle in place no matter the movement
- Lightweight and comfortable antibacterial-treated 3D knit for effective moisture-wicking
- Slim low-profile design allows brace to be worn in most types of shoes
The Thuasne Difference
The Malleo Dynastab Boa ankle brace may be one of our best-selling foot and ankle braces, but it is not your only option. All of our foot and ankle braces have the same aim in mind: to reduce pain, immobilize the injured body part, while keeping you comfortable. Our other foot and ankle braces fall into the following categories and corresponding distinctions:
- Soft Ankle Braces: Designed to provide comfortable stabilization for patients who have suffered foot and ankle injuries, or who are recovering from surgery.
- Semi-Rigid Ankle Braces: Designed to provide stability for patients with ankle and foot instabilities, inversion and eversion issues.
- Rigid Ankle Braces: Designed to provide post-op immobilization and motion control during the rehabilitation process.
- Custom Rigid Ankle Braces: Designed to provide stability for patients with ankle and foot instabilities, inversion and eversion issues.
- Spry-Step Dynamic AFO: For patients who have suffered a stroke or other clinical indications that lead to drop foot.
- Walking Boots: Designed to provide stability or immobilization after a foot, toe, or ankle trauma, including sprains, strains, fractures, and surgeries.
- Splints: Routinely prescribed for patients with Plantar Fasciitis and Achilles Tendonitis
We know that not all injuries are created equal, and neither are our braces. In addition to off-the-shelf bracing, we also offer custom fabricated braces to fit each individual on a level that is personal to their rehabilitation needs. Ask your doctor today about ordering one of our OTS or custom-fitted braces so you can start and finish 2019 strong! Your goals are our goals and we are honored to be able to partner with you in achieving and exceeding your aspirations!